Welcome to my personal site! I am a third-year computer science PhD student at Georgia Tech, advised by Prof. Mark Reidl. My research interest is in natural language processing and machine learning, with a focus on interpretability, fairness and robustness.
- Summer 2020: Paper at ACL 2020 with collaborators at Northeastern University.
- Summer 2020: I will be a research intern at the Allen Institute for AI, working with Noah Smith and Ana Marasović.
- Spring 2020: Gave a (recorded) talk at the USC/ISI NLP Seminar: “BlackBox NLP: What are we looking for, and where do we stand?”.
- Fall 2019: Presented a poster at WiML 2019.
- Fall 2019: Paper accepted to EMNLP 2019: Attention is not not Explanation. Slides from my talk can be found here.
- Fall 2019: I am a TA for CS 7643 Deep Learning taught by Dhruv Batra. Slides from my guest lecture are here.
- Summer 2019: I am a research intern at Google Medical Brain, working with Dr. Edward Choi and Gerardo Flores.
- Summer 2019: Paper accepted at the ACL BioNLP 2019 workshop: Clinical Concept Extraction for Document-Level Coding
- Spring 2019: I passed my qualifying exam! (in intelligent systems: machine learning and NLP subareas)
- Spring 2019: I am a TA for CS 4641 Machine Learning.
- Spring 2019: Attended ACM FAT* 2019 as a student volunteer.
- Summer 2018: I was an intern at Sutter Health working with the Research, Development and Dissemination Team on deep learning models for outcome prediction using text.
- Summer 2018: Attended NAACL in New Orleans as a student volunteer.
- Spring 2018: Paper accepted to NAACL 2018 (Explainable Prediction of Medical Codes from Clinical Text)
- Spring 2018: Attended the CRA-W Graduate Cohort Workshop in San Francisco, CA.
CV (last updated 11/10/19)
How to pronounce my last name (click on German left-side audio)